Join Our Team
The Housekeeper performs cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas. This position must provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public. The housekeeper must have knowledge of WHIMIS and infection control.
- Follow cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) as outlined.
- Clean assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Clean floors
- Empty and clean garbage and wastebaskets.
- Straighten or rearrange furniture as directed.
- Clean bathroom and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls.
- Wash windows and mirrors.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Clean walls, windows, doors, and ceilings
- Clean entrances and exits:
- Clean all horizontal surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt, or greasy film, using disinfectants where necessary such as in resident care areas.
- wash/dry linen as required.
- Maintain equipment used in performing duties.
- Operate various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc in compliance with WHMIS
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Experience with housekeeping work preferred.
- Any satisfactory combination of education, training, experience, or abilities in a related field.
- Ability to follow oral & written directions.
- Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with little supervision.
- Must possess a current and clear Criminal Records Check
Starting wage $17.61/hour as per Union Agreement
This position currently qualifies for an extra $4.00/hour for Pandemic Pay
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Chrysti Savage, Program Manager
Women’s Shelter, Saakaate House Inc.
By email: [email protected]